Dental implants are a great option for restoring one or more missing teeth, but there are also some alternatives to dental implants that you can consider. Get all the details you need in this guide from Shiny Smile Veneers.
What Is A Dental Implant?
Dental implants consist of two parts. The dental implant is a small piece of metal that’s surgically placed in your jaw by a dentist. It heals and bonds with your mouth, creating an artificial tooth “root.”
Once your mouth has healed, an “implant restoration” like a dental crown (false tooth) is created by your dentist, and is permanently attached to the implant. This restores and replaces your missing tooth.
Implants are a common choice for patients who are missing one or more teeth, and they offer a natural appearance and long lifespan. Due to their cost and the lengthy treatment time, though, many patients explore alternatives like snap on veneers.
What Can I Expect From Dental Implants? Everything You Should Know
To help you decide if they’re right for you, let’s briefly discuss what you can expect if you choose to get dental implants.
- Cost of dental implants – Dental implants usually cost $3,000 to $4,500 per tooth, so they are quite pricey.
- The dental implant procedure – At your first appointment, you’ll have an implant surgically placed into your gums and jaw. Then, you’ll visit your dentist multiple times for follow-ups over the next several months. Once your jaw is healed, your implant restoration will be attached, completing the procedure.
- Dental implant risks – Dental implants have very few risks. 95% of implants are successful over a period of 10 years.
- Dental implant timeline – It usually takes between 6-8 months to get a single-tooth dental implant.
- Good candidates for implants – To get a dental implant, you must have a healthy mouth free of gum disease and cavities, and a strong jaw that can accommodate a dental implant.
Snap On Veneers – A Great Dental Implants Alternative
If the cost of dental implants is an issue for you, or you would just like to avoid surgery to replace missing teeth, snap on veneers from Shiny Smile Veneers may be a great option for you.
They cost just $570 for both sets of teeth, or $370 for an upper or lower set of veneers, making them very affordable. You can even split up the cost into two payments or multiple monthly payments, if you want – and our veneers require no visits to the dentist.
All you need to do is shop online now, order a kit, and get it sent to your home. Then, you’ll take molds and images of your teeth and send them back to the Shiny Smile Veneers lab, where we’ll build your veneers. In just a few weeks, your veneers will arrive at your doorstep, and they’ll be ready to wear!
So if you want to restore missing teeth, snap on veneers are a great alternative to dental implants. You can get many of the same benefits at just a fraction of the cost. Shop now to get started, or feel free to contact us if you have any questions or need more information.